How to Export Photoshop Actions
Photoshop actions are helpful to perform regular works such as image editing, cropping, adding beautiful effects, and so on. Besides, You can save or even export these actions to use on another PC.
Here, we’ll see how to export Photoshop actions in adobe photoshop with a step-by-step guide. As a result, you will be able to share the actions between computers and with other people as well. This is for any version of photoshop.
Follow the steps to export actions in Photoshop
First, open photoshop. After creating a Photoshop action that you want to export to another computer, you need to save the file first. Exporting a Photoshop action is simply just saving the action with the proper file type. Then move it to a location for later use.
Step 1: Open the Actions Panel
- Open the action panel in Photoshop and find all the action tools.
- Explore the Window menu and select Actions from actions panel.
- This opens a panel that has all Photoshop actions. In this way, from the action set you can create action and save new ones.
Step 2: Select the Action You Want to Export
It is recommended to run a smart test before exporting an action. Also, you need to make sure this is the right action that you need. Here we have used a black and white action.
Now the select the action from the action panel in top right and then run it. All saved and loaded actions will show up in this location. When you save a new action, it will save as a .atn file by default.
- Mac: Applications/Adobe Photoshop/Presets/Actions
- Windows: C:/Users/Username/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop/Presets/Actions
Step 3: Copy the Action
- After you save actions, now go to the action folder on your computer, then utilize the locations above and select the action you want to export.
- Duplicate the file. (This is suggested over moving it with the goal that you can use the action at any time when you open Photoshop.) Now paste the .atn file to your computer.
Step 4: Share to Export
- In this final step, you need to export the new file. Drag and drop in the place where you’ll utilize it next time, for example, a shared drive.
- From there, you should likely place the action in the actions folder on your PC for using it later.
- From that point, you should likely place the activity in the Actions envelope on your PC for usability later. (This is the very spot where Photoshop saves the actions by default, as noted in Step 2.)
- At that point, you can import the action for use in Photoshop on that PC. To do this, select Load Actions from the Actions board and explore the saved action to select it.
Best Photoshop Actions
There are different kinds of Photoshop actions that you can utilize to make your design attractive and lovely. So we have made a list of some amazing Photoshop actions.
Film Photoshop Actions
- Vintage Film Photoshop Actions
- Digital Film Supply Action Bundle
- Grand Trend Art (GTA) Photoshop Action
- 33 Matte Film Emulation Actions
- CineStock Photoshop Actions
- Film Noir B&W Photoshop Actions
- Movie Effect Lightroom Presets
- Faded Films – 75 Film & Retro Effects
- Pro Cinematic Photoshop Actions
- FilterGrade Film Series Photoshop Actions
Wedding Photoshop Actions
- Boudoir Wedding Photoshop Actions
- Caramel Wedding Photoshop Action
- Royal Wedding Photoshop Action
- Bouquet Wedding Photoshop Action
- Bridal Wedding Photoshop Action
- Perfect Wedding Photoshop Actions
- Bohemian Wedding Photoshop Action
- Freya Wedding Photoshop Action
- Vintage Wedding Photoshop Action
- Matte Wedding Photoshop Action
Portrait Photoshop Actions
- Outdoor Portrait Photoshop Actions
- Low Poly Photoshop Actions for Portraits
- Oil Painting Portrait Photoshop Actions
- Professional Sketch Photoshop Actions for Portraits
- Vintage Colors Photoshop Actions for Portraits
- Cartoon Effect Photoshop Actions for Portraits
- High-End Retouching Photoshop Actions for Portraits
- Classic Portrait Photoshop Actions
- Studio Portraiture Photoshop Actions
- Cinematic Photoshop Actions for Portraits
Final Words on How to Export Photoshop Actions
Hope you have got a clear understanding of how to export actions in Photoshop. It works in the same way in any version of photoshop. It is not a difficult job at all. If you want to know more about how to install and use Photoshop actions, then read this blog.