How to Use and Install Photoshop Actions
Photoshop Actions are really effective in creating amazing photo effects. It helps you to save time and make the editing process very easy. So If you are not still using it, then you are missing the best part of Adobe Photoshop. That’s why today we will discuss how to use and install photoshop actions to make glamorous pictures.
What is a Photoshop Action
Photoshop action is a sequence of “recorded” orders that you can apply to a photo to rapidly apply a similar sequence of steps to various documents. You can record and make actions in Photoshop. Also, you can download and install them from different sources to make action you want in photoshop.
Photoshop actions are mainly designed to save your time. As you know the image editing process is so complex and time-consuming. For this reason, Photoshop actions are very useful for you, as it makes the editing process simple. You can try different effects only a single click. Specially photoshop actions are best for multi-step editing. Now let’s move how you can install this feature of photoshop.
How To Install Photoshop Actions
Some users try to find and install a Photoshop action that gives a specific impact. These actions are useful because they allow you to edit a photo in such a way that you don’t need previous experience in photo editing.
Follow the below steps to install a Photoshop action
- Firstly, download the action file that you want to install. Then unzip it.
- Open Photoshop and then navigate to Windows. Then move to Actions. The Actions Panel will open.
- From the actions palette menu, just select Load Actions.
- Then navigate to the saved, Unzipped action and select it.
- The file ends with .atn files that you want to install. Now double click the atn file.
- There are many files such as read me or, instruction files. They are not installable.
- So now you are done. The action is installed.
How to Use Photoshop Actions
After installing successfully, it is time to apply the action to images using actions palette. Most people say this “running” the action. Since it is a sequence of recorded events. Running an action is truly simple.
Follow the below steps to use a Photoshop action
- Find the main action to run in the Actions panel.
- Click the triangle button that is to the left of the name. As a result, you will get the list of available actions.
- Click the desired action that you want to play.
- Select “Play”, from the top right corner menu. You will find the play button at the bottom of the Actions panel.
- The photo will adjust as per the settings in the action.
Final Words on How to Use and Install Photoshop Actions
Hope you have now got a clear understanding of how to install & use Photoshop action. Now start the work and apply beautiful effects on your images. Thanks for reading this article.